Saturday 11 December 2010

Where is Noah?

Along with the snow melting, and the welcome higher temperatures, we have this 'orrid blustery wind. Poor birds. Frozen for weeks, now they can't get a grip on the bird feeders. Although the fact they are mostly horizontal means all the seed has spilt onto the floor, so they can get it from there.
We are a bit worried about our two hens, we havent seen them for three days now. One I could see turning up its toes, but not both of them. Hopefully, they are sheltering at our neighbours. Now the snow has gone they have plenty to feast on. Fingers crossed they are just at a worm orgy.
Our postie, who we have not seen for three days either, made it up the drive today. Among the junk was the payment from the construction company for their workmen staying here. So I will not be demonstrating just yet, praps as well given the wind, my placard would have blown away.
Ironing bedding all morning, Christmas card writing in the afternoon. Think they are all done. Although once the last posting day has gone I find that's when I get the cards from the people I have forgotten....I wish they would post early.

No comments: