Tuesday 21 December 2010

Sun rise - and freezing fog.

Got up to minus 10 today. The freezing fog cleared and we had a bright sunny day. But so cold.
The outlet pipe from the utility froze and all the water draining out of the washing machine, filled the sink and then flooded the floor. What fun.
I had so many layers of clothing on I found it difficult to move freely!
Didn't do very much other than what I had to. Cleaning guest rooms and making beds. The two chaps are off home tomorrow. It must be difficult to dig drains in this weather.
Tomorrow I shall be preparing the rooms for family visiting for Christmas. Just hope they get here. Though in Scotland we do seem to cope better than in England. Despite us having far more snow our trains and even airports are functioning.
The digger and the lorries are back in the village, digging up the snow and carting it away.
No postal delivery today, not even from our neighbour across the road. I shall probably leave it till Friday and then see if I can collect what is sitting in the sorting office in Peterhead. Most of my grandson's presents are coming here by mail from my daughter, his Mum, and obviously she is stressing about it.
We keep finding frozen bird corpses. In fact we could have made a pigeon pie, but one is never sure that they haven't just died of old age. Survival of the fittest and all that and, of course, the dead ones might be a bit tough....

No comments: