Wednesday 15 December 2010

No surprises!

How is that for an orchid! Now in its second month of flowering, and I do mean this particular bloom. The pot it is in is the same size as a potty - just to give you the idea of the size of the bloom. The plant itself is more or less ignored, seems to work!
I put this as my picture of the day as you can guess what the next one will be. A severe weather warning for the next few days. I keep glancing out of the window waiting for it to start. We still have mounds of snow that hasn't gone away. The weather at the moment is so gloomy - its as if everything is just waiting.......
Parcels are beginning to arrive. Don't people wrap stuff anymore? I have just spent a good hour wrapping and labelling presents from other people! No surprises there then.
And the other event that was not a surprise. Our couple from Ukraine have just discovered they have sent me a cheque for over £6000! Would I mind sending the difference to their travel agent, once the cheque has cleared of course.
Well, if I get the cheque, I will be phoning the fraud squad or whoever.
So a day of no surprises.



No comments: