Thursday 9 December 2010

So near, and yet, so far.

The temperature is now above freezing and all the roofs are dripping. Later in the day we had rain. So the snow is going but on our road, underneath that snow, is still solid ice. The main roads are fine.

I went to the next village, in the afternoon. Chemist, Garden centre and Post Office. That was the plan. First I had to negotiate a calf deep puddle outside the chemist. At the garden centre there were so many builders vans there was nowhere to park within walking distance (for me). Presumably their roof was threatening to cave in, or sprung leaks with the thaw. So off to the post office. Succesfully posted off a couple more parcels then asked for 30 second class Christmas stamps. Not a second class stamp to be had with or without pictures. As I hadnt got into the garden centre to buy the cards I wanted I wasnt too fussed.
On the way home driving up our road, sliding, got stuck getting up the drive, what a waste of time!
Hoping for better tomorrow ......

No comments: