Sunday 5 December 2010

That's better.

Christmas tree - done. And banister.
I have told Mike that next year he must stop me from buying any more decorations. I actually have enough left to do another tree! Of course there is always the hope we will be in different surroundings by next Christmas, yes, I know I said that last year.
We have had more snow today. Not a lot, but there is more threatened. Some of the roof snow was melting and as the ice had brought down a gutter we have had some leaks into the office. Bucket in place. Mike is fighting a cold but even so, had there not been more snow, was going to go outside to fix the gutter. All he has managed to do is feed the birds, ducks and hens at least twice, and then dosed himself and stayed warm.
Apart from finishing off the decorations (possibly!) I did some more ironing. Tomorrow, weather permitting, our paying guests are back so I have two rooms to change and set up.
Because of that I still don't feel particularly Christmassy! Surrounded by bags of cards to write, presents to wrap, lists of more to buy, as always its become more of a chore. Vying with the lists of work to do for guests.
So in the meantime, I am sitting in the warm. Looking out onto the cold, cold snow. Ah but theres a star!
Whooooo.


No comments: