Monday 6 December 2010

Fed up of the cold.

Picture courtesy of the RSPB.

At least I can be inside!

Our local authority is going round the village scooping up the snow and putting it in the back of lorries and they then are taking it away. Where to? The mind boggles. The ski slopes have plenty. We have plenty. So where is it going to? So today as I went to the next village for the post office I had to wait while this lorry was filled with snow before proceeding. So, yes, road blocked by snow!

Started posting off parcels. I have three quite large ones, so just took one of them today. All I could carry. Another one tomorrow, weather permitting, then the last big one. Then down to smaller ones, yet to be wrapped. Still haven't done the cards. Changing beds and cleaning rooms took up most of the day.

A friend of mine talked about tweaking her Christmas tree. Ours went up on Saturday, since then we have spent some considerable time trying to make the damn thing straight. We get it straight. It is stood in a special holder and bolts screw into the trunk - so how does it manage to move at all? This all happened since the fairy went up......Now that fairy is as old as me. Each year we give her a new crown, this year she has a tartan cummerbund, perhaps she doesnt like that? Whatever, come back into the sitting room and there she is pointing at the floor.

I think she has become - like me - a grumpy old woman.

No comments: