Saturday 25 December 2010

Thats it then - for another year!

Before the opening ceremony. (T.V. is on as the dvd player is playing The Messiah, one of our Christmas Traditions. - Not particularly religious, just love good music.)

The last present to be opened. Having worked with children for many years, and had a few of my own, I sort of knew that once this was opened that would be it. And indeed he even wanted it in the cot with him!

Probably my best Christmas present was that Emily, daughter number 2, cooked and prepared the whole Christmas dinner. Goose and the vegetarian option, starter and three desserts. All I had to do was open the wine. Something I am quite adept at. Surprising art for someone brought up as Methodist. I blame it on being a rebel and being forced to sign THE PLEDGE at the age of eight.
Now late afternoon and at least two people have crashed out. Our grandson lasted right up till the last present, had to be peeled off the car and took off for a nap. So he now has his second wind.
I have done really well this year, didnt start on the sherry till 10.45. shared a bottle of wine with Mike, when sharing bottles of wine does not come within my understanding, and am still upright, although ready for more - in a bit.
Got lots of lovely presents - though there's always one isn't there, where you think, what the hell is this? Do these people know me? Do they care? And the New Year's Resolution begins to form in your mind...............



No comments: