Saturday 19 February 2011

Its not all ironing.

I am the archivist for Central Buchan Rotary. On Wednesday we have our usual meeting, but this time its to encourage others to join. My task has been to sort through all the stuff I merrily wang into a box. And the box was crammed, I have been gaily wanging for two years and more.
Newspaper cuttings, all copied and laminated now. Photographs laminated.
All the letters of thanks for donations filed in order.
Menus, calendars of our meetings and activities.
Hope its impressive enough.
I have even mastered putting photographs on to a disc and then into a slide show.
I am impressed with myself but then no-one else ever is.
Rotary really is about FUNd raising. We really do have such fun together.
I just have to work out how to display all the items in the 'best possible way', (remember Kenny Everett?)
In between I have been sorting through all the instructions, guarantees etc. of things like showers, macerators, anything really thats been installed in the house, and/or will be of use to our potential purchasers.
On that note, I always did intend to write a book on how to run a bed and breakfast, which I shall do when I 'retire', but need to have something now! Well - for tomorrow, when our potential purchasers visit for some advice.
I have just had an idea! I could do a power point presentation! After mastering skills today for the rotary, I should surely be able to do that......
I had my ultrasound scan on Thursday. Imagine my surprise when I discovered I knew, personally, the operator (doubt they are called that, probably a lot more posh a description). But, this did mean that instead of waiting weeks for any results I was given them while I was still there.
Basically nothing in there that shouldnt be. Ha!
I am seriously thinking that, yet again, my body has decided to flag up STRESS, rather than anything major wrong physically. I have been down this road many times! Blood pressure, cant cope with stress. Lost voice for a year = stress (some people very happy at this one.) and so on.
So - if we really have sold the house - I should be fine. And, the consultant I saw did say this could well be the case. No pressure there then for our buyers!
Our paying guest has gone home for the weekend. I would normally have said, "Well you still have to pay for the weekend, " but Mike is ill, a rare occurrence, so I was actually relieved. She has a very early breakfast, which he is fine with, but I am not. I did it on Friday, but the thought of doing it again was not a good one. Sad - but one does feel ones age at times.
Weather report. Snow was promised, but on the hills. We have had some sleety rain, and the wind. But nothing major. The snowdrops are all out now, nodding away like fury. Soon the daffodills, the crocusses, deep breaths and imagine all that. I like the Spring, even though it means I am another year older.
Now who remembers Doris Day? She always insisted on muslin being put over the camera lens so as to portray her in the 'best possible way' - think I might try it.

1 comment:

Lynn said...

Well this Doris Day insists on a brown paper bag putting over the camera lens :)
L.x.