Monday 21 February 2011

Downsizing.....

I am amazed at the stuff I have accumulated over the years.
Going through drawers I almost had hysterics and foamed at the mouth!
One drawer had the contents of Christmas Crackers from years back right up to 2010. Unfortunately none of interest to the Antique Road show, tho theres a thought, perhaps I should hang on to them... NO. Although in a few more years? NO.
The reasoning behind this particular hoard is for the year I will make my own Christmas Crackers.
That just doesn't make sense.
I never will make my own and furthermore no-one ever takes the contents, hence the packed drawer.
Not that I am ever allowed not to have Crackers on the Christmas table. This year will be different, I can tell you.
I have to say that there is one useful Cracker content and that is the mini screwdriver set. Perfect for fixing your glasses when they lose a lens, or a leg, or whatever. Needless to say there were none of them in the drawer. Packs of cards for midgets, erasers, sewing kits - they go in the guest rooms, never to be seen again, so yes, useful. Then there are the cars, puzzles, rubber balls etc. just big enough to choke a cat or a child, the stapler - again for a midget, the pen ditto.
All in the bin now.
Then there was the cupboard with bath foams, lotions and potions. All almost empty, or as regards the lotions, only used once. Down the plug hole and containers recycled.
Despite all this frantic activity and bin bag crammed with rubbish I can't tell any difference....
Mike is finally recovered from a bad stomach bug. Rarely ill, I get used to him doing so much, its a real shock when I have to do it all!
House sale and buying ground to a halt as our building society has had difficulty in finding a post box.
Yes, I am being facetious.
Why can't people do their job properly. If they cant be a**** do they think of the consequences? No.
Asked to send on our house deeds over a week ago they have promised that "They are in the post today."
So our solicitors will have them tomorrow?
Well, no, it could be Thursday.
Now even I know the post office isnt that bad.
So - on with the clearing. Who knows what I may find. Watch this space.

1 comment:

Lynn said...

Your comment on my blog reminded me that I too had a cracker content collection - lol. I retrieved the screwdriver for midgets too! and also the midget's padlock - just right for the suitcase for the holiday I shall be needing after all this de-cluttering :) I also did the teeny tiny bottles of body lotions, my clothes cupboard, the birthday wrapping paper and along the way found some old Christmas cards just waiting to become tags but I have plenty already. And I am not even moving - ooh you have a lot to answer for - lol.
L.x.