Saturday 15 January 2011

Rain sweeps over Buchan.

A dreech couple of days. Although yesterday it did brighten up and Mike and Chloe, touring the Moray coast, had a good day. And remembered the packed lunch.
Chloe is off back to Edinburgh today. Mike has took her into Aberdeen for the train, and no doubt a snoop round a few shops.
I had to rescue Smoky Robinson from the drinking bucket. He decided to have a bath in it and got wedged. Ducks are thick. The pond is now full of water, not ice.... But he and Jemima still stick by my patio window, though I am now moving the food a few feet at a time to get them to get on with proper duck life. Beetle hunting in the grass. Pond to swim in. Snails and slugs everywhere. But no, they feel safer on the patio, which is now a muddy skating rink, and my patio window is so mucky with them wing flapping I can hardly see out. But if you move the food too far, they just don't see it, and would starve. I remember a tale from the chap who provided our hen hut. He had ducks and once moved their hut and come nightfall they were all stood where the duck hut used to be and he had a hell of a job to persuade them to get in the hut in its new situation. As I said, thick.
Well, its that time of year again. The tax man has sent us both a REMINDER. Mike has been ploughing through the receipts and stuff for the last financial year. Both of us praying that at the end of it I won't owe too much money, as I haven't got any, thanks to firms going bust and people sending fraudulent cheques. There have been enquiries about dates and prices but no firm bookings.
I have done my bit and sorted through all the receipts and put them into order. I should really spend an hour a week doing this then it doesnt take me the whole day.
And I get so fed up, Morrisons put the date on the top, Asda and Tesco and Lidl on the bottom. And B&Q and Focus, well.
I had to laugh at one receipt from B&Q which was for 'reinforced joints', followed by 'over 60s discount.'
So, now youngest daughter has departed, I have no excuse and must start attacking the lists I have been making. Decorating, cleaning, ironing, washing down patio, cleaning windows.
Probably first call at B&Q for some more reinforced joints.

No comments: