Wednesday 19 January 2011

Preseeeeent arms.

Sunset tonight. Really uplifting. Yesterday the weather reminded us it was still winter and was bitterly cold, with a keen frost. But today we had a fine day and the water in the pond melted. This enabled Smoky Robinson to finally let loose.



Well - not just presenting arms, but wings. Jemima Puddleduck that is.
I am in the process of presenting, not arms or wings but the house. Here we go again. Another viewing on Saturday lunchtime.
Yesterday was what I call a doomy day. Where I did very little and was a tad depressed about not having any money, and having to struggle to get back to an even keel having lost all December's income. Thanks to Les Taylor Construction going bust.
Now, knowing there is a viewing, tho I doubt it will come to anything, as I have totally lost my trust in most of the human race, I must get on!
Fortunately quite a lot has been done as we have had this breathing space from guests. Like the library and the snug and the sun room. So not that much to do. In fact I scooted round this afternoon and tweaked the guest bedrooms, made a few beds, and did some ironing. So I do not have to do it all at a gallop, as in the past.
We have also had some bookings, albeit for May, July and August. May and July, something big is happening via the British Legion......Must find out!
And I should be at Rotary tonight, missed two weeks now, but no cash flow. Well, its flowing out, but not flowing in. I had a letter from the receivers. I do not think I am going to get any money at all. So - tighten the belt another few notches.
The fraudulent cheque from the Ukraine is now in the hands of the Grampian Fraud Squad.
I shall just regard that saga as a bit of light entertainment.
You have to laugh. Otherwise....?

No comments: