Thursday 13 January 2011

A not doing very much day.

Fraserburgh Harbour. Fancy having a fishing boat called Ephraim. Lovely.
Very misty and murky today. Mike and Chloe went off bird watching to Loch of Strathbeg. Not sure they could see much. They had packed a picnic, but returned for lunch, having left it on the kitchen table. No hope for some people. They went off again in the afternoon.
I pottered about waiting for some free-cycled magazines to be uplifted. Six months of a variety of House magazines and probably six years worth of bird watching magazines. Now gone.
Sorted out the sitting room where I had been moving furniture around. I was intending to hit the sales and buy a new t.v. unit and coffee table. Ho hum. What we had/have was from IKEA and doesnt really go with the leather seating.
Some years ago I received, through Freecycle, a dark wooden t.v. unit, its like a cupboard with glass doors. I had been using it as a games cupboard in the library, but have now brought it into the sitting room and am using it for what it was intended. Still managed to get most of the games in as it is so deep. The other games are ones we havent played for years so may freecycle them, or car boot them. There are a couple of charity shops who do furniture so I will have a trawl to see if I can get a more suitable coffee table. I shall be taking the 'old' t.v. unit.
The bank phoned. The cheque was a forgery. (I still have it, I had to scan it and attach it to an email.) I await my next email instruction from the robbers with bated breath!
And we had an oil delivery. So I have the heating on everywhere! Just for today while the signalman effort shows a big F.
The ducks are still making do with buckets of water to perform their ablutions. Hilarious to watch. Heads in, out and shake it all about and do a jig while they are it.
But the pond is still frozen. Not sure that Smoky Robinson knows what it is for but no doubt he will once its back to liquid again.
Talking of liquid - has the sun gone down yet?

No comments: