Saturday 22 January 2011

House viewing.

About as house doctored as it gets. I only use this cover when the house is being viewed! Although my washing machine has a tub larger than average, I doubt I would get this in, and no way can I afford to have it dry cleaned every week. So for normal use, and cats, the throws are washable and a variety of colours and finishes and not that posh.
I dont think our viewers today would have noticed what was on the bed, as by the time they got to this room, their eyes were well glazed over, this being the seventh bedroom.
You know how they say the average family is a couple and 2.5 children? Well these two hadnt got beyond the point 5.
As soon as I heard, "Oh, isnt it big?" - my heart sank. According to Mike, who does the outside showing, the man was walking with stiff and rigid legs upon seeing the size of the garden.
Can't these people read?
What does their brain work out what seven bedrooms, seven bathrooms, half an acre of garden, etc. look like in real life?
Apparently they have no family living locally and wanted somewhere for the family to visit.
I am still pondering that one.
Our intention is to get a three bedroomed house, hopefully with a summer house (if we get the one I want) and if there still isnt enough room the family can put up a tent, or go to a bed and breakfast! No way would anyone in their right mind have a house this size sitting empty most of the time - would they? Whoops, guess thats what we are doing. But not by choice.
Back to normality. Although with all the presentation, presentation, all done, I am struggling as to what to do!
I'll have a drink while I think about it. Good idea.

No comments: