Friday 21 January 2011

Brrrrr.

Peterhead lifeboat rescued a windsurfer the other day. Can you imagine wind surfing in the North Sea, at this time of year? Brrrr. Or indeed at any time of the year. We have lived here for nearly nine years now and I haven't even put a toe in!
It is beautiful to see though. When I go to the supermarket I always drive past the sea. The multitude of colours, its moods, sometimes a mediterranean blue and very calm, other times, great white horses and other times just heaving away, looking cold and grey, and mountainous swells. Awesome.
Another day, today, of cleaning, mopping and tidying. It doesnt do me any good being this clean and tidy. I just can't relax. And the cats think its Armegeddon.
"Look at yer PAWS, they are filthy. Get out."
"You'd better eat every bit of that mouse, I've just vacced."
"Not on THAT chair!"
Back to normal after the viewing tomorrow.
On another subject. Many of the fishermen are deeply religious. Probably to do with putting your life in the hands of God every time you set sail, or power up the engine. Peterhead has many religious churches as I have mentioned before. If they have a fall out, they just set up another.
There are more churches than pubs in Peterhead, which is quite something for me having had my early years in Wakefield, which I think had a pub for every day of the year.
On a lighter (?) note, the following picture of a church notice board made me smile.


No further comment.

No comments: