Tuesday 30 November 2010

Yawn.

This is Sith, sorry, Cait Sith. This means Fairy Cat in Gaelic. Which he was when a tiny kitten. Now he is the Beast of Buchan. He looked so elegant sprawled on the bed I took a picture, but, just as I did, he yawned. Not so beautiful! But quite amusing.

This picture is of a layered cake of snow, you can see the depths we have had almost with each snowfall. About twelve inches now and still snowing.


Well, so much for doing chores. Being stir crazy I decided to attempt to go somewhere, anywhere. After a few tries I managed to get going forward down the drive and into the village. Then onto the next village and the largest Garden Centre in the North East, Happy Plant. It was really pleasant to have a wander round and see stuff without squeezing past people and push chairs. I bought a few bits and pieces with Christmas in mind then saw it was snowing again, so lurched home.

Our paying guests have made it up here.

More to the point our Postie finally made it up here. What a pile of post! It was quite exciting -and not one piece of junk mail. Thats a first. Two of the House magazines I subscribe to, parcels for me to wrap up from family unable to be with us at Christmas - and yes, my present from Mike, for him to wrap up! Its the Downton thing dvd which we werent allowed to watch in Scotland, as STV and ITV are at war. We dont get any of the new Midsomer Murders either. Which I take as a personal affront.

Mike has brought down from the loft all our Christmas stuff. So, tomorrow, I will be decorating for Christmas, not decking the halls with boughs of holly, I will leave that till nearer the time, plus all the masses of pine cones I know are out there are under the b***** snow.

No comments: