Friday 5 November 2010

Eye ball to eye ball - well nearly.

Living here whenever you pass a window you look out, there is always something to see. Tonight its the firework display at the football club in the village.
Looking to the rear of the house, from my bathroom window earlier in the day, I saw this blur of whiteness about six inches above the ground and had to really peer to see what it was. Then I got the binoculars to be sure of what I was seeing. I have never seen a sparrow hawk so near to the ground, unless it was finishing off a kill. But that is what it was. I watched it and it seemed to watch me. I was just beginning to think it was injured and what on earth I would do about it, when it just took flight, effortlessly and gracefully, and soared upwards and away, despite being surrounded by shrubs and trees.
Makes the morning of ironing pass smoothly (sorry - a pun). Two guest rooms ready for guests who I hope this time will turn up. We have two couples and a 22 month old child, booked in for tomorrow.
Tis a lovely night for bonfires and fireworks, clear, dry and very cold. So glad I dont have to go outside and stand with feet getting frozen and go Whoooooooooooooooo.

No comments: