Wednesday 17 November 2010

Surfers at Peterhead!

I had a look on Peterhead Images on Google. How depressing. I would suggest to anyone interested that instead of that they look at Peterhead Photographers, of which I am one. The images on Google consisted of pages and pages of footballers and fishing boats and the power station. Fishing boats ok but really there is so much more to Peterhead that is photogenic.
As regards the surfers. Many will find it surprising but we do have them. Aberdeen beach is usually full of them and round the corner from here we have had the Surfing Championships, so there.
Weather is not conducive to going out with camera today. It is blowing a gale and very murky.
I am painting an old chair that I think is not Loyd Loom, but very like. It was a bronzey gold and is being transformed into a pale sage green. I had to pack in as it was too dark to see where I had been . This at 2.45p.m. I suppose I could have got on with recovering the seat, which is removeable, before everyone panics and thinks I am doing it in situ before the paint has dried! However, I have yet to decide which fabric to use. The chair is destined for one of the upstairs bedrooms, both unused, but to be 'dressed' for potential buyers...
Tonight I am braving the weather and driving across country to the Rotary meeting. Tomorrow our Best of Banffshire and Buchan Bed and Breakfast group are having our Christmas lunch at the Pennan Inn. (Made famous in the film Local Hero). Yes I know it's early. But Lucy is off to Australia at the beginning of December and so, just for her, its half way through November. And no we are not having turkey. Or crackers, but we are all to take a Secret Santa gift. And if I get anything like that pot sheepdog again I shall not be amused.

No comments: