Saturday 20 November 2010

Saturday Night.

Right, anyone remember this person? It is Engelbert Humperdink. Many years ago my Saturday nights were spent with people such as he. Brenda Lee, Billy Fury, Gene Pitney. Late sixties, early seventies. All dolled up and out on the town. When the nightclub closed I then worked in (moonlighting) as a cloakroom girl, we all went off to another nightclub that stayed open until morning. This was where the 'stars ' would go to wind down after their performance and where we, the staff, went too.
Saturday nights now I enjoy being comfy, glass of wine, in the PJs, and watching the tele. Never, ever thought this was what the future would hold! Trouble is, now the hands are a bit shaky for the mascara brush these days. Mindst you half of them I shared a drink with then are dead. And most importantly I am not.

No comments: