Monday 18 October 2010

A real poser.

Out I go to take a picture of the sunset and there she is, Minerva McGonagall.
She disappears when we have paying guests, still havent found where she goes, but go she does. The other two remain and are much admired and petted. But our Min is above all that. Choosy.
Well, I have been doing a lot of recuperating. Which means not doing much at all. Suits me at the moment.
Amazing number of tree sparrows coming to my feeder. I think they are on the endangered list. Well I guess I should tell someone they are all living here. About fifty regularly too and fro to my feeder and hang around in the spinney at the rear of the house. What a racket they make! And one pair raised three broods in the nest box in which I have a camera!
The carrots are now bedded down for the winter. This year the bedding looks far more messy than last year. In fact one worries that should there come the usual 70mph winds there wont be any straw left to cover them over. It really looks awful. I hope they dont set it on fire like they did last year as it is right next door to us. Tho I think they had the hard word from the amount of fire engines and police that swiftly gathered once the clouds of smoke had been seen from Iceland (getting our own back.)
No paying guests but a daughter. So today we went to The Barn. Now you may all have charity shops but on top of them we have The Barn. And it is indeed a BARN. Crammed with everything and anything. I am not going to list it all. Take forever. We came away with some rolls of wallpaper and a paperback book. But we could have bought......I leave it to your imagination.

No comments: