Sunday 3 October 2010

One night stands.

God. they are so hard work. On the bed is a fitted sheet, four pillowcases, flat sheet and quilt cover, all super king size and all to be washed and ironed and replaced on bed. In the bathroom are two bath sheets, two bath towels, two hand towels, two face cloths, all to be washed and dried. Bed stripped and remade.
We, of course, clean the bed and bathroom daily, but the change-over is a killer.
When you have a run of one nighters you suddenly realise the bedding you have ironed and the towels on the shelves are running out. This is always the morning when as your guests leave, correctly at 10a.m. ish. The next lot appear. I wish I had a photo of my face to show you when this happens.
"We just thought we would drop everything off, have a shower, get changed and then be out of your hair!"
You think you are doing me a favour???????????????
There are two replies to this one. One I would love to say, "Buggar Off, unless you are paying for two nights? And do you really want a shower in a dirty one and the beds are still warm from the last lot."
Or, "Just give me ten minutes."
As they depart, to be 'out of my hair' an hour later I know that I will be at it well into the afternoon. Just in time for them to return at 4p.m.
"We just noticed we should check in after four."

No comments: