Tuesday 26 October 2010

Been busy.

Now, I actually own one very like this. It sits in our hall with a plant on the end of it. It still works and has all its bits, needles, feet etc. I guess it would be a good way of keeping fit, treadling away. But I actually use an electric sewing machine and just have to concentrate hard that the sewing is straight, in other words dont let it carry me away, and keep my eyes on the needle. I have been known to trap my finger and sew in a scarf....that I was wearing at the time.
Yesterday I sewed two table cloths, and made three large cushion covers for large cushion (what else). Our two settees and chairs now have no room for people to sit on them, but that appears to be the fashion, and they are all shades of red which is again fashion for the winter months. Ha ha.
Mike made a radiator cover for the large radiator in our sitting room. When I say made, he bought a kit from B&Q, which wasnt big enough, he discovered when he got it home, so he had to make the sides fit round the valves by doing some swearing and sawing.
So today I gave the cover it's first coat of paint. It will match the walls, rather than be too obtrusive. Even so, it looks far better than the radiator. Boring things arent they?
I then went on to make a runner for the coffee table and then re-covered a foot stool.
I then was reminded I was ill and collapsed.

No comments: