Friday 22 October 2010

Autumn Fashion.

After a morning of ironing guest bedding I decided that as the weather was indicating we had missed Autumn I had better replenish the Winter wardrobe.
Now can someone please tell me why all the jumpers, tops, t -shirts have short sleeves or no sleeves at all! What good is that. Beautiful thick ribbed knitted tops - with a sleeve that doesnt even reach your elbow. Or you find one that does have sleeves to the wrist and the body of the garment finishes at bust level. Even the coats!
(I did pass one woman who looked about fifty wearing a scoop necked sleeveless dress outside the bookies but I think she was on something......)
Now, do I hear someone saying layer it? Like you wear something with a long sleeve underneath one of these short sleeved efforts, well fine. But in my mind set the thing that goes underneath should at least match or complement the one that goes over it.. wouldnt you think if that was the case there would be items to buy that did just that. Well there weren't. And this wasnt just in New Look or Dorothy Perkins but in some of what I consider a last resort, the old peoples shops. If anyone thinks I would be seen dead in anything that resembles a thermal vest - on show - they can think again.
Oh, and just one more rant, why does Dorothy Perkins have nothing in a size 12/ 14 but plenty in size 18 plus - are they anything to do with Evans?
I like my arms well covered, my midriff and kidneys well covered but I do not want to look BORING OR OLD.
I did manage to find three tops that were yawn okay. So at least I will be warm. And boring.

No comments: