Thursday 21 October 2010

I just had to check the date...

Definitely 20th OCTOBER. Not December, or January, February or March even.
I wasnt feeling too good when I set off to go to my Rotary meeting. Very tired, but thought, 'Come on Jill!' Driving with Il Divo on full blast usually makes me feel good, and indeed had just started to kick in when I thought, hey this isnt rain, and in front of me were wheel tracks in the white stuff, then it hit, a blizzard. In October?
And dont forget - this was in the dark, nearly a full moon, but not quite. And over narrow country roads. I felt as if I would fall over Mr Shackleton at any moment, or a bad fairy, as it was so weird.
By the time I got to the hotel where we have our meetings I was a wreck. I could have wept. It was so lovely to see everyone but I found it difficult to string three words together.
I do find it difficult to accept I am ill.
Anyway, earlier in the day I had gone for my six weekly hair do. Just as I was about to say, "Don't forget I am growing my fringe out," the scissors beat me to it. I am now having to wear a slide, to keep my hair out of my eyes.
Ho hum.

No comments: