Tuesday 19 October 2010

How civilised!

We joined our friends and had lunch out today at the Tufted Duck, St. Combs, which is a 19th century fishing village and on the edge of the village is the hotel. The only one in our part of the world with a sea view!
We saw wind surfers and a ship, a bit further away than the one in the picture, servicing the oil fields.
Absolutely lovely lunch and I ate it all, well nearly. Not overfaced and very tasty and the service was spot on from start to finish. Heaven.
As we arrived it was hailing and the ground was completely covered over white. As we sat in the restaurant we watched the sea change colour, rainbows, sunshine, changing scene every few minutes. So relaxing.
Back home. Freezing! Not really, think it was 4 degrees.
I had to then go to the health centre - again - this time for the flu jab. Last year it was one in each arm, one for the flu and one for the swine flu and after they were administered it was 'go and sit down for ten minutes in the waiting room, then you can go home.' This time I didnt have time to read any of the "Know your prostate", "Dont take it out on the receptionist." before I was in, bared arm, jabbed and out again. "If you feel funny, come back." Well, I didnt. In fact I am not sure I have actually had the jab, as last year I couldnt move my arms for hours.
And then it snowed, proper snow, on the way home. And it's only October. Sheesh.

No comments: