Monday 30 November 2009

Yet another picture of the Touch of Tartan evening. Derek, on my left, and two other Rotary members and moi spent most of today selling raffle tickets. In the Bon Accord Shopping Centre in Aberdeen. I hate cities, although Aberdeen is a very nice city, but not a few weeks away from Christmas. I couldnt face Primark even. Sneaky lunch in Macdonalds (sorry daughters, they do disapprove....) and then the marathon selling raffle tickets for a pound to win a white mini. We took over £600. Not bad. The selling of raffle tickets carries on till the 24th December when the draw takes place. This is called "Giving back", well this afternoon I really feel I have given it all back. And some. The most amazing experience was trying to explain to an Italian, someone from the East, and someone from Aberdeen, that the £1 they had paid for a ticket did not guarantee them being able to drive away said white mini. I am now getting something back i.e. a bottle of red wine.

No comments: