Saturday 26 June 2010

Strawberry fields forever.

This is the view from my patio at the moment. These are polytunnels. Inside are the strawberry plants. The farm supplies one of the major supermarkets but the locals get a different named variety. Far more tasty! But then we don't insist on uniformity, in colour and size.

We have just had a night off, another tonight. I had far too much of the fermented grape fruit last night. Will I ever learn. Not at my age.

Although no paying guests we have had quite a few visitors. Our ace bird watcher of the area called as we have had a quail calling, which are VERY rare. Needless to say, it had shut up by the time he came, though he has kept dropping in just in case.

Then we had two cars jammed with people sweep up the drive. I went into a panic thinking we had forgotten about a booking, but it was a chap who has dropped in before as this is his ancestral home - way back - and brought his family to have a look. Why didnt he phone first? I would have had the kettle on. As it was Mike and I were off out to collect a trap for the feral cat that is attacking hens, ducks, and our cats, (and I am only little!) Scary.

And tomorrow we have a viewing...............

No comments: