Saturday 22 May 2010

Spring has sprung!

Bluebells all around our garden.
Rhodedendrons and my Rogersii - looks like a rhubarb, but it isnt. Apparently not to be grown in the North East of Scotland. Ha ha.

Two remaining hens, not laying no more, having a dust bath.


Ducks in the shade. Who are still laying.x.
What a difference to a few weeks back! No complaints. Although yesterday as the temperature mounted so did the clouds and suddenly there was a downpour which went on and on. (I bet this was just as people were about to light the barbie) Thunder and lightning strikes further North. Today the sun continued to shine down.
I was scheduled to pick up some senior citizens on behalf of Peterhead Rotary to go and have their tea - with entertainment. Unfortunately when I arrived it was to be told that I was not required after all. Two of them had chickened out. Huh.
So, no limit on my shopping time then. New Look, Dorothy Perkins and a few others had me zooming around looking desperately for some clothes that would be okay for an over 60 female.
(Of course it will now snow.) But its either new clothes or I will explode from overheating.
On the home front, we are now finishing off jobs before the surveyor comes to do the update for the home report. Plus I am deep cleaning guest rooms and moving all the furniture around = amazing what a difference this has created, rooms look enormous.
Tomorrow we have our first guests from over the pond...... I very often do want to shove them in the pond, but you never know, Betty Lou and JJ just might be really quiet and peaceful...but I am not holding my breath.



No comments: