Sunday 23 May 2010

Sometimes you have to take a big step.......

First a big apology to our guests this evening. They are from across the pond but a bit further to the North than America. Canadians are totally different to Americans. I know one should not generalise. Indeed if any one asks me have I been to Ilkley Moor without my hat they are dead. Or come across with the "Eee by gum."......
Howsomever the couple we have in this evening are very nice, but for the first time ever since we have done b&b, instead of wandering down to the kitchen, or the sitting room, or the office to find one of us for assistance, all places much nearer to their room, they have headed off in the opposite direction to my/our bed sit at the far end of the house. I nearly had a heart attack when I heard the knock on the door, was it the drugsquad?!
I managed to open the door and squeeze out of its 2 inches gap I allowed and beamed a smile. Hoping no-one could see the 3 foot tall pile of house magazines I am 'sorting', bag of empty beer cans for recycling, clothes waiting to be hung up in the wardrobe, and cats on every surface.
He wanted directions to the restaurant we had suggested. I did wonder what hope he had in finding it as he hadn't found Mike who was crashing around in the kitchen, a lot nearer to his room than me.
Anyway, back to the big step. I hope my grandson gets the dressing up as a Goth out of his system. But then I am sure there will be far worse attire when he is in his teenage years. The way things are going it will be back to the brothel creepers. (Google it!)

No comments: