Tuesday 11 May 2010

Here's me...

...laughing at my own jokes again. And youngest daughter Chloe, staying with us for 5 days. As I said in my earlier post, she and Mike managed to get sunburnt two days ago, then the day after it snowed. But they have both been off every day sampling the delights of the North East of Scotland whatever the weather. Me ? Well I have just carried on cleaning, ironing, and cooking.

Getting down to the village and then the supermarket has been quite an adventure. Our road in that direction is only just a normal cars going in both direction road. This last few weeks the highways have been patching up the many pot holes caused by the severe winter weather. Just going off at a tangent slightly I am amazed that this wee road is getting the treatment as the letters in the local paper are increasingly virulent at the state of the pot holed roads through Aberdeen and main roads outwith - so why we get the star treatment I know not. Anyways, to get round the road works which obviously completely block the road and indeed it says ROAD CLOSED at each end of the road and just by our drive too, one has to drive up over a large verge and into the field, which had been ploughed into beautiful straight ridges. I am afraid I have flattened quite a few of the ridges, then back onto the road and then onwards. I do do this with my eyes closed. I am amazed that my car has not had its suspension damaged, but as it has its Mot due this month, if it turns out it has I shall be claiming from the council. The men doing the road are all lovely cheery chappies, who at one point shouted, "We'll let you through if you bring us some sweeties." Sod off.

The cherry trees at the rear of the house are all in full bloom, beautiful. Nest box that I can view is now bursting with eggs. And the bluebells are beginning to bloom. I am sure this is early. You dont tend to see blue bells in the snow......

No comments: