Monday 25 January 2010

Mist over the fields.

And quite a lot in my brain as well.
Update on the library. Well, its all going back again. Right back where I started. After a bit of decorating. Why I start these things I really dont know.
We decided to go through the Home Report on our house, now a requirement when selling your home. Some things listed are just silly. There is a bit of flat roof between the old house and the newer - so what does the surveyor write? "Flat roofs can collapse without warning. "
Well, yes, possibly they do, but ours has had quite a lot of attention and been treated with something that says its guaranteed for 20 years.
But there were comments about damp stains. Which were correct, so once the library had its furniture removed I painted over the damp stains. I should say that this stain has been there since we bought the house. I dont like painting ceilings and a small 'tide' mark didnt bother me. But hey ho now I could eradicate it. There being a bit of this tide mark on the wall I got out a tin of paint which I seemed to remember was the colour used in the library. Well it wasnt... so I have had to paint the whole wall, second coat tomorrow.
Mike has been going round outside re-fixing fall pipes to the wall. The ONE roof tile off the old house we cant find, so we need Charlie our sometime neighbour and ace roofer to sort that.
Then we need to ask the surveyor to update the Home Report, and remove all his not required 'advice', which will cost us 25% of the original fee. THEN we hope to get more viewers and a reasonable offer and then I am out of here.
I have also been decluttering like a mad woman. Just hoping the boxes for car boot dont get mixed up with the precious stuff.

No comments: