Wednesday 30 December 2009

Up the lane.

The road leading away from Greenbrae yesterday. The members of our family that were with us over Christmas went this way to Aberdeen to catch their train to Edinburgh.
There is still more snow to come. Today has been much warmer, and there has been a slight wind.
One of my favourite Christmas songs is 'In the bleak midwinter', as it just sums up how it was over this Christmas!
I had a knot in my stomach all Christmas (along with a few at trying to please everyone and failing miserably) as our oil supply was dwindling fast. This gives us heating and hot water. Just in the nick of time our delivery came yesterday and we are back to full on both tanks (one for each half of the house.) Sods law as we havent needed it on in the day today!
Our family came bearing gifts including germs. Mike is now suffering, dosing himself, alternating Beechams with a dram. If I get it I cannot take Beechams because of the blood pressure drugs I take and I dont like whisky - I will more likely end up in an oxygen tent due to my other health problems. But still positive! Soon be 2010 - serious marketing of house and the way Christmas went this year we will be looking for a ONE bedroomed house!!

No comments: