Wednesday 9 December 2009

Sunrise.

This still worries me, even though I have had it explained, that the sun is rising in a different place to where it rises at other times of the year. Naturally, it also sets in a different place. I must have some primitive man in me in that I feel as if I should be sacrificing to the Gods to keep me safe! Also why is it darker for longer now, and in the Summer never gets dark?
Its to do with us being so far North apparently. Some things I find difficult to grasp.
Oh well, the Gods appear to have been propitious as I am well on with preparations for Christmas. This means I go round worrying - "There must be something major I have forgotten."
I cant help being a bit superior about it though, the first time I have ever been so organised and then last night at Rotary Donald announced , "No Christmas cards, just a donation to Rotary." So I piped up, "Except for those who wrote the cards in October."

No comments: