Friday 4 December 2009

Pre Christmas Fun!


Because this house is so big one has to just 'dress' areas for Christmas. Putting decorations up like the old fashioned sort of trimmings that I vaguely remember from my childhood, paper chains etc., just would not work! So - the stairs get dressed, the entrance, the odd window sill, very spread out I am afraid, but great fun. The actual tree this year is placed by two windows and no matter how I photograph it it looks awful and is not a true representation of it as a human being would view it, so sorry, no picture.
It has been heavenly these last few days, having no paying guests in, so I can pratt about placing santas and reindeers and then shifting them all again, and baking in between, and Phoebe has at last had a bath! As this involves her being out of her cage I cannot do this when there is anyone else around as she would fly to them - albeit in a friendly way - they may not appreciate that.
I have pierced oranges with cloves and have them hanging over radiators, heavenly smells. And still loads of boxes full of Christmas stuff to come out - but it is only the 4th December!
I also signed up, today, for a Fitness Club. They have a small pool and my aim is to go three times a week and just walrus up and down and build up the old lungs, the bits that aren't damaged beyond repair. They have the machines in the club that featured in a tv advert, the music for which I love, no idea what the advert was for! Do you remember it? People suddenly doing walking exercises on machines in the middle of the street?
"You changed me." Hope I get changed too!

No comments: