Sunday 13 December 2009

Ever had one of those days?

First the weather report - started off at minus five - got up to 0 then back to minus 5. The picture shows the mist freezing in the valley over the river. You may have to enlarge the picture by clicking on it to see it properly. The camera I took the picture on refused to work when fastened to the computer. So I have had the recharger plugged in all day, fortunately that was the problem solved. But the camera playing up was just the beginning of my day.
I had planned a whole day sewing. Setting up the sewing machine I discovered the foot was missing. I am completely at a loss as to what has happened here. The fastenings were still tight, I dont think I have ever removed the foot, but it was gone. Torch out, under the bed, under the shelving, all the places I had parked the machine, nothing. So on to the internet. I know it is quicker than waiting for shops to open and then trying to find them and just thinking about the walking makes me breathless....But my machine is no longer made, some web sites claimed all fitting all dancing feet, after a multitude of trawls I decided to order a foot and half a foot, praying that one will fit. Then it was doing battle with the check out. Fill all your details in and there is always something you have missed. Three goes and I thought I had cracked it and it just sat there. So I entered everything again and it came up saying those details were already logged.... I know I had just done it. I finally managed to complete the process. Then it asked me to print out the order - thats when the printer got all stroppy.....
And guess what - its now 3p.m. getting dark and I have done NOTHING. I am of for a beer.

No comments: