Sunday 6 December 2009

Told you it looked awful....through the camera..


The photo is really weird = I did dress it a bit more, in fact a lot more, but it still only showed a nude tree when through the camera lens. Ah well. Just imagine it drenched in gold which it is.
Spent nearly all day cooking vegetarian meals for over Christmas. Vegetarian meals take so much preparation and cooking I realise why I am a carnivore. Lump of meat, into the oven, job done. So - I have a Homage to a nut roast and a lasagne already to be frozen. One more meal to do tomorrow and freeze. Takes so long......roasting almonds, reducing a roomful of spinach to a handful, whats the point? Also a pecan cake thing, which has to be served warm with ice cream and maple syrup, hope its as wicked as it sounds. And along the way, for our meal, a venison casserole. Had a very interesting conversation with George down the post office which is only open 1 and a 1/2 days a week, thankfully the shop is open 7 days a week. Anyway back to our conversation. I was in for a bottle of wine to throw on to the venison, and George was advising me, a la Heston Blumenthal, of whom he is a fan! Now George only ever gets excited speechwise if you talk about zebra finches, budgies and quail. But today I had the full scientific H.B. experience. Staggered out with a more than I was going to pay for bottle of wine. Which was fine as the recipe only asked for 250ml so I had the rest, which really helped cooking the vegetarian mush.

No comments: