Friday 9 July 2010

Do not believe it is July.


Cool, windy, raining.....It could be my fault as I was nearing the end of painting the outside chairs and went to buy a tin of tasteful creamy white for the wooden table...after that I was going to sit outside with a bottle of wine. Hohum.
The picture was taken last night. Minerva McGonogal sitting on the fence. It looks as if she is watching the sun set, but in actual fact her head was mainly looking downwards for tasty (yeuk) mice. I do not think she is so daft as to think an equally tasty (to her) bird would land on the bird table next to her.
Anyway, back to the weather. No guests this weekend so I have paint samples dotted around the walls in the corridor. We are going for GOLD. All the furniture is going. I have a daughter arriving in a few hours who will take some for her new enterprise - an Edinburgh shop no less. I believe it is to be called The Spider and the Fly and will sell lots of different hand crafted stuff so my 'antique' furniture will display them beautifully.
Then it will be back up the ladder for me. I am so glad it was my lungs that failed me and not my legs and arms.

No comments: