Thursday 25 March 2010

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Doesnt look too sure about this one! A new experience.
This afternoon we had our meeting of the Best of Banffshire and Buchan Bed and Breakfasts.
After the meeting we had a wine tasting experience. As I was driving, I was very good and didnt do any tasting. Mike made up for this and tasted the lot, including some Port. This was after being assured that the total wine tasting would add up to one glass. More like a bucket.
Of course, after all this imbibing, everyone was more than ready to put in and order for a case - or two - apart from Lucy who announced she already had fifty bottles..........
She always, always manages to do this, "Been there, bought the t shirt." Or in this case, the wine. And for once, not from a car boot sale! I look forward to my bottle of Merlot - a very expensive Merlot - and as we know the person doing the presentation perhaps I will eventually have 50 bottles on my wine rack. At the moment my wine rack holds the fire blanket and some Schloer (yeuk) and two bottles of ale, oh and quite a few cobwebs. And their inhabitants/creators. Bottles of wine never, ever get as far as the wine rack as they have to go past me and a glass......

No comments: