Monday 7 March 2011

Amazing picture.

It was taken by Ben Hall, via RSPB images. A pair of grebes courtship in the early morning mist. Whoooo wish I could be as good. Soon have the time but never will have the patience.
I have been watching too much Harry Potter. It doesnt work tho - Expelliarmus spell didnt work, everything remained where it was. Nor the one where you make things move. Like from the loft to the tip. All still there, well it has moved. Down here where I have the job of sorting it. Why does a daughter who is now a Doctor of Sociology want to keep folders and folders of coursework when she was at secondary school?
There is a big box full of cds and cassette tapes. Some of which I remember when they were all growing up and used to cringe at the language. Perhaps they are valuable now? Him from Nirvana is dead, so perhaps they are. Quite liked him tho.
There are a pair of Pelham Puppets, string puppets. Beautiful. I am guilty this time. I have hung on to them as I know they are valuable, but enough is enough. Car boot beckons.
I am having to stop Mike sorting stuff into car boot. Would any one really want a box full of electric cable?
They should have someone on duty at the skip to say, "Hey up mate, thats worth some money that is."
Or at least take out and have their own car boot sale.
Do you think theres a rubbish consultant we could call in?
All these years we have recycled everything and anything (ok mostly into the loft) but I refuse to move with it all.
There isnt room anyway, no loft for a start. Although there is a garage.........

No comments: