Wednesday 11 August 2010

Sometimes...

I feel like I am going down a hole. Sometimes, I almost wish I was in a hole and then get covered over.

But then I invariably bounce back! Just as well.

Well we havent sold the house. The offer was withdrawn, as their buyers backed out.

As George at the Post Office said, "Thats not supposed to happen in Scotland. Were they English?"

On the one hand I felt quite touched that I was obviously accepted as a token Scot, despite my broad Yorkshire accent, and that it had to be one of the baddies from South of the Border who had done this to me. Well I dont know, nor do I know why they backed out. Our buyers are still desperate to buy our house, so , back to the waiting game. If they get another buyer we are away again.

I had my annual near death experience with the flu. Fortunately I was sensible and got antibiotics - I dont normally bother doctors with anything - but with my lung thing thought I had better. (While I was there I also sorted out the list of things I hadnt wanted to bother the doctor with, but seeing as I was there.....)

Fortunately I was really ill whilst we had booked ourselves some time off. But then have struggled to get back on my feet whilst having all three rooms full of one family, who although very nice, have been very, very hard work. Suffice it to say we do not normally have children under the age of 12. We had 3 of them, all under the age of 12 who ate more than their parents. And brought more sand in the house than there is on Peterhead Beach. Usually just after I had vacuumed. They depart tomorrow, after six nights with us. So the bank balance is good, but my health is crumbling still. And, no, we wont do that again.

Tomorrow will be better. Tonight I have at last eaten a proper meal. First in two weeks. Sipping a glass of vino. Not the first in two weeks.

In amongst all this my eldest daughter and my grandson paid us a flying visit. One nighter. Well I am so proud of her and her partner. Zac is delightful and charming. And this is not just the grandma speaking. This is the qualified NNEB, leader of playgroups, and teaching assistant caring for special needs i.e. behaviourally challenged (in other words parents are crap) kids. So there. Doing a grand job.

Oh, then today I went for me lungs checking. "The machines bust and you've just had flu, so we wont bother doing a blow test. See you next year."

Okay? But I did get the special cream for the resultant effect of the antibiotics. Tweet tweet.

No comments: