Tuesday 24 August 2010

Dont turn right!

We have just had a family in from Canada. Dad was the driver and was very scared to be driving on the left instead of the right of the road. So much so that he was very reluctant to ever turn right in case someone hit him (?) It took him an awful long time to get anywhere as he preferred to do the left turn at every opportunity!
It made me think quite seriously about ones own preference in which way to turn when given the choice.
I think charge ahead would be my choice. But then I thought about the many times I actually decided to come home from wherever and would decide to turn in another direction just for the hell of it.
Usually its coming back from the supermarket, yawn, but then thats where I go most days. I can turn right and come homewards through fields on either side, sheep, cows, barley growing,
or I can turn left and it is totally grass fields with not much growing other than grass, but there are also trees, lovely hedges, wild flowers. In a very short space of time one can drive through totally different countryside. That is the beauty and wonder of the Buchan countryside. This is where I live and would not live anywhere else. This is not even touching the coast -ten minutes away. Cliffs, dunes, golden beaches, rock pools, so which way would you choose?

No comments: