Sunday 15 August 2010

All smiles now!

What a difference a few days of not HAVING to do ironing, beds, cleaning, smiling, (through bared teeth), washing bedding, trying to get it dry...... And some beautiful weather, 27 degrees at 5p.m. today would you believe. And no wind to spoil it either.
I have to admit to taking the medics advice of having afternoon naps also, which has helped too. Though mentally I do feel this is awful, awful, at 61 - not that old is it? But it has worked.

We are back to work today after 3 days 'off'. Still did our bedroom and bathroom and bathed the parrot and cleaned most places that dont get done when guests are in. But I didnt HAVE to. Which makes all the difference.

And a VICTORY with the Trade Waste People. I am going to print off the latest email and frame the bloody thing. "If you can cope with your trade waste in with your domestic waste......" Ha.
Unbelieveable after all these months of harrassment - someone with some common sense. Do you know I would have had to pay something like £142 for a bin that would have contained - well nothing actually.

We have as couple in tonight. Two couples tomorrow night, then a few days off. Jogging along. I can cope with that.

We had a potential booking for all three rooms for four nights, in the Autumn. A really good booking. Loads a money. But they were coming to shoot geese. Mike was counting the pennies aloud and I just gave him an old fashioned look. He then said, "I guess you are going to tell them to get stuffed?" I nodded and did so in a polite way. Now I do like my roast goose on Christmas Day, but that has been reared outdoors, had a happy life and been killed humanely. Not terrorised and probably only wounded by some idiot who thinks he can hit the bullseye on a dart board. And need I remind him indoors, we are members of the RSPB. And cheer when the geese return here in the Autumn. And we would be giving breakfast to people who would massacre them? I dont think so.

No comments: