Thursday 29 October 2009

My grandson is one today!

It really does not seem like a year ago. Ho hum. We all get older from the minute we are born. Today I went to our monthly meeting of the Best of Banffshire and Buchan Bed and Breakfasts, I am the secretary. Part of my duties are to arrange and book the Christmas Lunch.
For the first time ever I am booking this at the Senior Citizen Rate for almost all of us..... yes, its good for the pocket, but not so good for the street cred! Or ones self image.
On trying to retire - we have had an offer on the business - a very silly one. We hope that a better offer is being considered, and put forward and that I can really start to be an old woman putting into practise wearing purple. Happy Birthday Zachary.
I just have to tell you about my friend Lucy's latest bit of advice. Her daughter and family are off to Australia for the next four years. So I said, "You need a webcam Lucy." She said, "Och no I have the SKYPE. I can talk to them for nothing." I said, " But you want to see them." to which she replied, "Ach, well you need a web cam for that." I LOVE LUCY.

No comments: