Sunday 31 May 2009





Summer time - 20 degrees here in the North East of Scotland - unfortunately for me there is ironing to be done...
The top left hand picture shows my latest bargain, table and two chairs £30 courtesy of Morrisons, my favourite supermarket. Haven't had chance to sit on a chair yet. And don't you just love the sign outside my kitchen?
I have a black tie do to go to this coming Friday. I thought I was being very clever sourcing a posh frock on the internet, no slogging round shops, no overheated changing rooms, so I trawled through loads of web sites and hedging my bets sent off from three of them. Well, never again, one came and looks like a used handkerchief, the other which promised delivery in 14 days now says out of stock and they dont know when they will have any, and the third promised next day delivery, yesterday, and nothing arrived. I emailed to question this and the reply is that they 'hope' it will be delivered by Friday. So guess who is trekking off to the city tomorrow.....


No comments: