Wednesday 4 March 2009

Spring Chicken








Or boiling fowl?As my 60th birthday looms the appendage to my left ear is to be no more. I am to take a drug which sounds more like a dog food, Champix, which will aid my attempt to finally stop smoking which began when I was 11. I also join a group of other prematurely aged and coughing fighters of the weed every week. This seems mainly to find out what ones carbon monoxide levels are. This is proof you are smoking less - the machine does not lie. As I hit the jack pot with my first test, lit up every light and set off all the buzzers, I am looked on with awe. The second reason for being part of the group is to see if anyone has any of the very long list of side effects from taking the drug. As I have delayed starting the drug, I have none. The delay is that I thought I was pushing it if I stopped smoking just before my birthday when the whole family descends......My other attempt at delaying the ageing process is succumbing to advertising and shelling out for wrinkle filling cream. I now glow - because I am worth it.
Posted by Jill Chandler at 01:18 0

No comments: