Sunday 8 February 2009

Dont get out much anymore...


Last night Mike and I went to the 30th Birthday Party of the Waterside Inn.
At 4p.m. the radio said "No more snow in the country." Not sure which country they were referring to, though I dont think Scotland has as yet declared independence.
So as it takes me a lot longer than it used to I began to get ready. Make up on, then off, too much for a nearly 60 year old. More muted make up on, curly hair straightened with the latest instruments of torture, trousers swapped for skirt, finally found tights, boots with no heel - last time I wore heels I had to be propped up in a corner as I kept falling over - I was finally ready at 7.45.
Outside there was a blizzard.
To the cries of "Havent seen you for ages!" we joined friends and made more. Listened to a very good live band. Had some delicious food.
Realised it was still snowing, so came home. Felt like Cinderella.
Make up off, clothes in the laundry basket, boots back in the wardrobe.
Fleecy pyjamas, and in bed by ten.

No comments: